2017 NGPA Education Fund Scholarship Application
The NGPA and NGPA Education Fund are pleased to announce over $100,000 in scholarship awards in 2017. Our cycle 1 scholarships will be a total of $45k, of that (1) $1K Steven Moore scholarship and (1) $5K private pilot scholarship. The application window for cycle 1 will close on April 16, 2017.
Any questions please direct them to email@example.com
Requirements, Eligibility, and Application Procedure
To be eligible for a Scholarship, an individual must:
- be seeking to develop professional aviation skills and ratings beyond their private pilot certificate
- current medical certificate (FAA or equivalent)
- be at least 18 years of age at the date of application
- Applicants will be scored on the following
- History of achievement
- Academic Performance
- Demonstrated responsibility
- Commitment in aviation skills
- Financial need
- Involvement in the LGBTQ+ community
Scholarship funds may be used to pay for:
- advanced flight training (e.g., instrument, multi-engine, commercial, instructor, or ATP);
- tuition and fees, within a flight education program at an accredited college, university or flight school which cover the cost of advanced flight training.
Funds may not be applied towards a sport, recreational or private pilot certificate.
For additional requirements, eligibility, and helpful hints for completing the scholarship application, please refer to the NGPA Education Fund website: www.ngpa.org
- Application. Be sure to fully complete the application form and submit it on/before April 16, 2017.
Please include all of the following attachments with your completed application:
- Academic Transcript: a copy of your most recent transcripts (high school and/or college). A GED must be accompanied by previous high school transcripts, or subsequent college records.
- Social Narrative: describe why you should be awarded an aviation scholarship from the National Gay Pilots Association Education Fund. Tell us about your achievements in and out of the classroom, your teamwork and leadership skills and your involvement in volunteer activities. Be sure to highlight your involvement in, and support of, the LGBT community.
- Career Narrative: describe the arc of your career and professional development to date, your future goals, and how an NGPA-EF scholarship will help you achieve those goals.
- Letter of Recommendation: addressed to the NGPA-EF in support of your application for this scholarship (i.e., this recommendation should inform the selection committee about your qualifications for this scholarship).
- Copy of your pilot certificate
- Copy of your medical certificate
- Copy of the last two pages of your pilot logbook: showing your total flight hours.
- Copy of your pilot certificate written test scores: if available.