Requirements, Eligibility, and Application Procedure
UNITED AIRLINES TECH OPS: ($1,500)
This scholarship is intended for individuals seeking advancement in profession aviation development towards a career as an Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT), an Avionics Technician, an Aeronautical Engineer (Structures, Powerplant, Interiors, or other related), or within the Aviation Maintenance Management realm. Funds will be used to advance associated training and will be paid directly to the institution or school. The recipient will be chosen on a basis of merit, career aspirations, and dedication, as well as contributions to their community and service with NGPA.
You must be a current full time Junior, Senior or Graduate student enrolled in an accredited post-secondary college or technical institute, collegiate aviation or aeronautical science program at application deadline with a minimum 3.0 GPA. (If student in a cerificate only program, must have successfully completed the first half of required training.)
- Application. Be sure to fully complete the application form and submit it on/before August 1, 2017.
Please include all of the following attachments in PDF with your completed application:
- Academic Transcripts:
- Essay (500 word minimum): Describe any honors, leadership and volunteer opportunities, and aviation achievements to date. Please also discuss your career aspirations with United Airlines and planned use for the scholarship funds. Be sure to highlight your involvement in, and support of, the LGBT community and NGPA.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: One coming from a faculty member and one from a personal reference who is familiar with the candiate's relevant career goals and/or contributions to the community and/or NGPA
- Copy of your Pilot Certificate
- Copy of your Medical certificate
- Copy of the last two pages of your pilot logbook: showing your total flight hours.
- Updated Resume
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS AUGUST 1, 2017